Myths, Pregnancy & Pandemic Success
February 4 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Your Life Matters. Help Fight Maternal Health Inequity.
Pittsburgh suffers from a particularly acute racial divide in managing maternal and infant mortality. Here, the inequality between black and white maternal mortality rates is greater in Pittsburgh than in 84 percent of similar cities, and newborn deaths are two times more likely among Pittsburgh’s black women compared to white women.
We must do better.
Join the Highmark Foundation and the Health & Business Institute for the first of a 3-part, FREE online educational series to understand the challenges and solutions in eliminating this inequality.
Myths, Pregnancy and Pandemic Success
Featuring Charles Johnson, Founder, 4Kira4Moms
Hear the tragic story of Charles Johnson’s family and the role race played in the death of his wife during the delivery of their child.
- Debunking myths about morality related to socioeconomics
- Culture, comorbidities and at-risk populations
- Current guidelines on COVID-19 and pregnancy
- How to prepare for prenatal telehealth appointments
- Choosing and establishing trust with your OBGYN or midwife