Benefits Consultant Sr.
The individual in this role will have experience working with employee benefits and be primarily be responsible for the planning and administration of PNC international benefits programs for Canada, UK, and Germany. This includes evaluation of benefit programs and design, day to day administration, enrollment, communication, partnership with internal leaders and key stakeholders, vendors and consultants, and any other task related to the international benefit offerings. Additional responsibilities include monitoring of dental and vision plans for efficiency and competitiveness, coordination of healthcare voluntary appeals, and the oversight and communication of supplemental disability income insurance and group personal excess liability insurance.
Previous experience with international benefits is strongly preferred.
- Conducts research and analysis, clerical tasks, the implementation of benefits programs and policies, and other activities associated with the organization’s employee benefits such as employee wellness and work life programs.
- Conducts benefits analysis activities including the research, analysis, evaluation, and administration of corporate benefits plans and programs. May lead the execution of the organization’s wellness and work-life programs and activities.
- Ensuring all benefits programs and activities comply with related federal and state rules and regulations, e.g. Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Assisting in the design and implementation of corporate benefits programs, policies, and procedures. May also direct the design and implementation of the organization’s wellness and work life programs, policies, and procedures.
- Working with appointed vendors for outsourced benefits programs to ensure employees questions and issues are properly resolved.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused – Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk – Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC’s Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
PNC also has fundamental expectations of our people managers. As a manager of talent in PNC, you will be expected to:
- Include Intentionally – Cultivates diverse teams and inclusive workplaces to expand thinking.
- Live the Values – Role models our values with transparency and courage.
- Enable Change – Takes action to drive change and innovation that will transform our business.
- Achieve Results – Takes personal ownership to deliver results. Empowers and trusts others in decision making.
- Develop the Best – Raises the bar with every talent decision and guides the achievement of all employees and customers.
Benefits Programs – Knowledge of employee benefits programs, processes, issues and considerations; ability to design and implement benefits programs.
Business Acumen – Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company’s business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Data Gathering and Analysis – Knowledge of data gathering and analysis tools, techniques and processes; ability to use these to gather and analyze data on the learning needs of a target population.
HR Legal and Regulatory Environment – Knowledge of federal, state and local laws and ability to advise on laws and regulations affecting HR practices.
Human Resources Policies, Strategies And Environment – Knowledge of major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the Human Resources (HR) function or department; ability to use and administer the organization’s HR policies, strategies and environment.
Workforce Analytics – Knowledge of Human Resource and workforce issues and trends; ability to analyze workforce data, information and metrics and apply the results to support business decisions
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.