Human Resource Generalist
Established in 1984, Beemac Trucking is a premier transportation company providing asset-based trucking, logistics, port, warehousing, and specialized services to customers throughout North America. Headquartered in Ambridge, PA, Beemac operates over 400 trucks, and has 34 terminals nationwide. Today, Beemac is a proud ESOP company.
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with other members of the HR team supporting the overall mission of the organization. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: onboarding, benefits administration, recruitment/employment, and employment law compliance. This position reports to the Head of Human Resources and is a instrumental player on the HR team.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for all in‐processing to include, offer letters, reference checks, background checks, new hire paperwork
- Responsible for benefits administration to include adding, changing and deleting employee information, reviewing invoices for accuracy, liaison for managed benefits, participate in the renewal process and open enrollment
- Review timesheets for accuracy and provide support to employee.
- Responsible for 401k administration to include adding and changing employee information, transferring of funds, notifying newly eligible employees during open enrollment, the distribution process and year end compliance
- Maintain FTE headcount monthly reporting
- Maintain and update all job descriptions
- Maintain and update authorization listing for Management weekly Responsible for EEO reporting
- Maintain and update all HR processes and procedures, leave requests and balances
- Responsible supporting safety in Worker’s Compensation claims
- Update and maintain Employee Handbook and Beemac Policies and Procedures Understand and adhere to all applicable federal and state laws
- Responsible for responding and following through with all unemployment claims
- Participate in job fairs
- Manage and maintain recruitment efforts for all openings
- Employment verifications
- Maintain employee personnel records
- Preferred 4-year college degree in Human Resources management, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1 -4 years of experience as in Human Resources.
- Experience with Paylocity HRIS/Payroll system
- Proven analytical skills and ability to liaise with operational and sales personnel at both the staff and management level.
- Must be able to work a flexible full-time schedule, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm, with possibility of evenings or weekends
- Must be able to work independently based on periodic guidance and direction – with excellent organization, accuracy and follow-up skills
- Time Management; able to effectively work on multiple tasks at a given time and maintain a high performance on each task.
- Strong communication skills to include verbal and written.
- Able to use Microsoft Office Suite as well as various technology and web-based software
The many benefits of Beemac:
- Employee Stock Ownership [ Program (ESOP)
- Health/Dental/Vision/STD/L:TD/Life & AD & D
- Paid Time Off and Paid Vacation Holidays.
- 401K Safe Harbor program plus company matching.
- Ability to relocate to other offices nationwide.
- Focused career development.
- Other Perks:
- We celebrate the achievement and successes of our teammates.
- We support our local communities and encourage our employees to volunteer for a myriad of charity events and activities.
Why you should join us:
- We are growing at a fast pace with consistent year over year revenue increases of more than 100%.
- We offer a dynamic company culture that values our employees as our greatest assets. We celebrate the fact that our employees are at the center of making our company flourish. That is why we utilize a fast, friendly and human recruiting process.
- We are a Team! One SWARM…one GOAL!
Submit cover letter and resume to James Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org.