Health is Wealth
Helping the community be healthy
Prevention Makes Good Business Sense – Think Beyond Flu!
Making the most of your company’s Fall Vaccination Campaign
Forward-thinking employers know that providing 100% preventive coverage to their employees is cost-effective including, all routine vaccinations for adults. With the passage of the Affordable Care Act in 2010, all non-grandfathered employer health plans — and eventually all health plans — must cover certain preventive services at no cost to their employees.
When you’re thinking about your Fall Flu Program think beyond Flu. The 2017 Recommended Adult Immunization Schedule lists 14 vaccines that may be indicated for adults, based on medical and other indications. Download the Schedule>>
Inside the Numbers
- The CDC reported that adults aren’t getting the vaccines they need, leaving them vulnerable to illness
- As many as 900,000 hospitalizations from pneumococcal pneumonia are estimated to occur annually in the United States
- Shingles is a painful, blistering disease, but can be avoided by getting the herpes zoster vaccination
What Can An Employer Do?
- Encourage employees to get themselves and their families vaccinated
- Educate employees about needed adult vaccines and vaccines are a covered benefit
- Use existing flu campaigns to educate and offer additional adult vaccinations
- For employee educational info click here
- Eliminate barriers to getting people vaccinated, by:
- Auditing all health plans to assure consistency in coverage and access
- Cover all vaccine-related costs (administration fees, provider visits, etc.)
- Increase access by providing on-site clinics and access through the pharmacy
- For example, Highmark and Caremark have expanded coverage to the pharmacy for select vaccines
- Track employee vaccination rates
- Track employee vaccinations and set goals
By acting on a few of these steps you can actively support your employees in staying well and preventing disease.