Giving you the support you need
Cigna Dental Plans
Dental Health Maintenance Organization (DHMO)
Working closely with PBGH staff and employer-members, Cigna has developed dental plans to fit a variety of organizations with varied needs – leveraging the collective power of the coalition.
The plans include:
Dental HMO (DHMO) plan1 helps to streamline dental care and makes most preventive and diagnostic services available at a reasonable cost or no additional cost to your employees, including yearly fluoride treatments for covered children. There is a copay for covered services, but no deductibles or annual dollar maximums, no coverage waiting periods and no claim forms to complete.
Employees choose a network general dentist to help manage overall dental care, and if the plan provides coverage for orthodontic services, employees don’t need a referral to see a network orthodontist.
The term “DHMO” is used to refer to product designs that can vary depending on state, including but not limited to, prepaid plans, managed care plans and plans with open access features.
Dental Preferred Provider Organization (DPPO)
With the Cigna Dental PPO (DPPO) plan employees can visit any dentist in- or out-of-network and never need a referral to see a specialist. They also have access to most preventive services at a reasonable cost or at no additional cost to them.
Plans can vary, but below is a basic summary of how the DPPO plan works and how to arrange for care:
- Choose a dentist, and schedule an office visit
- Employees can visit any dentist, but you will pay less for covered services if you use in-network dentists
- Search for participating dental professionals and services using the online directory. If employees choose to visit an out-of-network dentist, their costs may be higher
- With the plan, employees pay an annual amount (deductible) before the dental plan begins to pay for covered dental care costs. Once the deductible is met, they pay a percentage of the cost (coinsurance) for their covered dental care costs
Delta Dental Plans
In addition to Cigna, Delta Dental also is a preferred dental benefits provider for PBGH employer members and will offer substantially discounted administrative fees for organizations, including:
- Value-based purchasing with affordable dental administration fees – enabling employers to save money by leveraging the collective power of PBGH’s group purchasing initiatives
- Access to Delta Dental’s owned and operated extensive national network, which helps to ensure quality of care and predictable fees for employers
- Live, local representatives trained specifically in dental benefits, as well as user-friendly online services to help benefit administrators and enrollees manage benefits
- Employer-based wellness program that helps manage care costs and empower members to be conscious participants in oral health